Friday, August 7, 2009

Wagers...

So I made this wager with my friend Jen. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by Sept 1st!!! Crazy, eh? But I think I can do it. It's more than time to up the anty on all of this for a while. I've been flitting with my first big goal and NEED for many many reasons to meet it and get past it. It's to hit 299! I know that still sounds like a lot to many of you, but for me, I haven't been that since before my Dad got sick a few years ago AND even then it was for a short time.

It just has felt like something is holding me back from it. Something keeping it JUST out of reach. I don't know if it's psychological or if I'm sabotaging it or if I don't really believe I can get there or blah blah blah... I don't think it matters why. Don't get me wrong. I think that there are a LOT of psychological reasons why people become and stay severly overweight, including for me. And I think that working on those things are GREAT!!! But sometimes, you just have to dig in your heals and just do it. I have all the tools, an amazing husband who is so supportive, a great trainer who pushes me to do things I REALLY don't think I can do, friends who love me and want to see me healthy... there really is NO reason I can't do this. If I don't, it's because of me. It will be because of the choiced I have made.

Jen and I made this little wager. She and I both set a goal. If we both meet them, then we are going to have a clean eating and healthy potluck. If SHE makes it and I don't I have to make her a healthy meal and vice versa when I totally bring it and hit my goal. HA! I really hate to cook, so it's totally game on.

I did really well with it for the first week, the last couple of days have been a bit nutty due to some GREAT news in our little family, to be talked about later. Breifly..things on the adoption front are getting VERY exciting for us. It's very early in the process so I'll wait til I have more to share about this. (If you're dying e-mail me and I will tell you more, just not wanting to BLOG it for the whole world to possibly see!) ;) (But if you could pray for us THAT would be SO great!)
So...during the last couple of days there have been a few treats and we also have had two days off from the Y, but are back today! It's amazing how life, even the great parts will throw you for a loop at times. But no more... What is going on is a great thing and life will continue to bring both the good and the bad. Focus is necessary and crucial. I'm still figuring this out!

So Jen, watch out and you better get your veggies ready!!!!

Ohhhh also a quick hello to the new readers who have said hi.. and Steph.. I TOTALLY remember you! :)

ok,,, off to work!!! It's Friday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's a good idea! I need to get with my friends about a little wager... I'm super competitive, so this would really kick me into gear!

    And you've got all the good thoughts I have - I don't know anything about the adoption situation, but I will pray that everything works out the way you hope!

    ReplyDelete