Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Moment to Choose...

If you know me at all, you're aware that my very favorite show in the entire world is The Biggest Loser. I watch it religiously and actually even avoid answering my telephone unless it's during a commercial and we're not watching it on Tivo! Chris and I even sent in an audition tape for season 5, but sadly weren't chosen. ;) Anyway... to get to my point...there was a comment on last nights show by Ali, season 6 (I think) winner. She was doing the weigh in for the contestants who had the chance to rejoin the show and one of the contestants was less than thrilled at his weight loss at home. She said to him...

This is YOUR moment, this is your moment to choose.

That comment resonated with me so strongly. This IS my moment. It IS my choice. I can choose to be and get healthy or I can choose to stay in the junk and continue to let myself get thown around by life and the people in it. For me, I'm choosing this moment to reach my goals. I'm choosing THIS moment and every moment after.

I hope you can join me for this journey. I can't wait for the day when I get to post pictures of ME looking great and doing things that I'm not able to do on this day. I am barely able right now to figure out what those things even will be.

But I'll figure it out. I'll dream, and sweat, and work, and take chances. I'm convinced that I have it in me to get there. I have what it takes to beat this. I will be thin someday. It's going to take every day to get there, but I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment